Here is a recipe that I found on Pinterest. I thought it looked super yummy, and turns out…it was! I just have a finished product pic, because I wasn’t able to photograph the process with my little 10 month old on my ankles.😉 But here is a wonderful recipe that’s definitely worth trying!
Glazed Doughnut Muffins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter; melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, vegetable oil, and sugars till smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. With the mixer on low speed, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla until just combined. Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake until muffin tops are a pale golden and springy to the touch, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 10 minutes before glazing.
- To make the glaze, In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
- When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. Once hardened, dip a second time and allow to harden then serve.
Yields: 12 muffins
Source: Sweet Pea’s Kitchen via Pinterest