This is a wonderful recipe. If you try it, let me know
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
Time: 15 minute prep + 45 minutes baking
Yield: 7 servings
Recipe from adapted from What’s Cookin’ Chicago via Pinterest Chicken:
4 large chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1/2 C milk
3 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 t dried parsley
1 14 ounce can cream of chicken soup
2 T sour cream
2 T butter
2. In a small food processor grind up the ritz crackers.
Toss the 1/4 t salt and 1/8 t pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and finally the cracker crumbs.
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
8. Into a medium sized sauce pan combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk. Stir it over medium high heat until the sauce is nice and hot. Serve over the chicken.
I didn’t make the sauce, but I’m going to try it next time!